Sunday, November 1, 2009

Another AEC member arrives...

Hullo all,

My name is David Myers. I'm the 62nd AEC treasurer/Washington DC site co-coordinator/a bunch of other different roles during the conference.
I'm a political science sophomore (soon to possibly be asian studies minor) at the State University of New York at Geneseo (its a bit of a mouthful). During the 61st JASC I was a delegate in the Public Interests vs. Private Rights roundtable and I will be co-heading: Empowering Today's Youth: Overcoming challenges in society, round table with my co RT leader Natsuki Sakata.

A little more about myself:
I'm a native of Queens, NY and I've lived there all my life. I'm quite prideful of New York City (best place ever) and although I don't have much of an accent, I've been known to try and pull of the New York voice. In addition, I'm a bit of a political science nerd/an all around dork.



I've always had an interest in Asian cultures and I have a particular soft spot for Japan; from the culinary (Japanese food ranks pretty high in my list) to the artistic (I'm a nerd when it comes to anime/I have a thing for Japanese architecture). I'm also trying to get myself more acquainted with Japanese politics and the political system which is truly unique.

I originally applied for JASC purely based on my interest and desire to go to Japan but it turned out to be more then that. I've met some of the most interesting people, done stuff I never thought I would ever get to do and had an amazing time. I hope that everyone that reads this blog gets a good idea of JASC/seriously considers JASC/and ultimately applies for JASC.

We're trying to plan what we hope to be will be an amazing conference and an amazing month that everyone will enjoy and remember. Trust me. It will be pretty awesome.

For now, Tchuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment